Passport and Visa Information

Passport and Visa Information
Relaxing Vacations has partnered with CIBTVisas, who has with more than 50 years experience and has become the largest and most well-established travel visa and passport company in the world.  

Last year CIBTVisas has assisted nearly one million people in obtaining the documents required for international travel.  They are dedicated to making the process of obtaining your passport a smooth and simple one. CIBTVisa is a fast and easy way to obtain a travel visa, passport, and other documents for travel anywhere in the world including popular destinations such as China, India, Russia, Australia, and Saudi Arabia.

What is a Passport?

A passport is the only reliable and universally accepted identification document, and it proves that you have a right to return to your country. You are strongly advised to always carry a valid passport when travelling to any foreign destination. Crossing international borders can be complicated and sometimes requires many different kinds of documents. Being prepared is the key to easing your way through this process, so make sure you know what documents you need, where to get them, and which ones will make

Remember to:

  • Carry a passport for all trips outside your country.
  • Be sure that your passport is still valid.
  • Check that your passport is valid for 6 months beyond your date of entry.
  • Scan a copy of your passport and email it to yourself or carry it a separate location
  • Leave a copy with a trusted friend or relative who is not travelling with you.
  • Keep your passport safe while travelling.
  • Do not leave it unattended in your luggage, vehicle, hotel or elsewhere.
  • Carry it in your money belt, inside coat pocket or purse, or lock it in your hotel safe.

For more information about passports, applications or renewals please visit the links below. All other nationalities please check with your local government websites.

United States Department of State Passport Services

Do I need a passport and/or a visa? 
When traveling outside the United States, a passport is required for U.S. citizens and many countries require that the passport be valid for at least 6 months after the date of travel. Some countries also require a visa. We know maneuvering through the world of visa applications and requirements can be a confusing one. You can check visa requirements for your vacation by using the widget on this page; you can select your home passport country, state of residency, destination country and the specific purpose of your trip and it will check what documents are required. 

Do I need a passport for a cruise?
As a rule of thumb, you should plan to take your current U.S. passport (with a date that is good for at least six months through the end of your trip) with you when you’re packing for a cruise. If you are traveling to U.S. territories or are cruising within a “closed-loop,” your cruise line may not require a passport.

A passport is a U.S. citizen’s key to international travel. Due to a surge in passport applications, you should apply several months in advance, especially if you need visas for your foreign destinations. Travelers should make sure their passport is valid at least six months after returning home and has two or more blank pages, or some countries may not let them enter. Note that passports for children under 16 are valid five years and adult passports 10 years, so check expiration dates carefully. We recommend all cruise ship passengers have their passport with them in case of emergency, even if not required.

Why am I asked to give my passport name, gender, and date of birth when booking air? 
Due to increased travel security around the world, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requires airlines to collect this information in accordance with the Secure Flight Program enacted by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. If the name on the airline reservation does not match the name exactly as it appears on your passport or other government-issued ID being used at the time of travel, you may not be allowed to board the plane. It is also important that this information be provided correctly at the time of booking, as any changes to your air booking, which includes spelling, could be subject to a change fee, penalties, higher fares, new schedule, and/or cancellation. 

Passport Services
Use the links below to learn more about the requirements to obtain your U.S. passport or get started today.  

Same day Passports
CIBTVisas is the fast and easy solution for all your passport needs; their range of services provides you with passport solutions specific to your needs and they can process your passport in as little as one day! 

Learn more about obtaining a same day U.S. passport click here

First time Passport
CIBTvisas’s First Time Passport service is appropriate if you have never applied for a US passport or if your passport expired more than 5 years ago.

To begin, complete and print out your necessary DS-11 (application for US passport) form and have it ready and unsigned until instructed to do so. From there, connect with a CIBTVisas agent and they will guide you through all of the necessary steps.

Learn more about obtaining a new U.S. passport here: CIBTvisas First Time Passport

Passport Renewal
For those who currently carry an undamaged passport that they have received within the past 15 years—one that was also obtained after the age of 16—passport renewal can be very simple. Complete the DS-82 (US passport renewal application for eligible individuals) form online and a CIBTVisas agent will handle the rest, taking all of the appointments and bureaucracy out of the equation for you.

Learn more about U.S. passport renewal here: CIBTvisas Passport Renewal

Lost/Stolen Passport
Replacing a lost or stolen passport can be daunting, but CIBTVisas has you covered with their reliable passport services. Applicants need to complete a lost/stolen passport statement (Form DS-64) and then follow a process similar to getting a new passport.

Learn more about replacing a lost or stolen U.S. passport here: CIBTvisas Lost/Stolen Passport

Minor Under Age Issuance
Receiving a passport for minors (ages 16-17) will follow most standard “new passport” procedures, but also include unique requirements. Along with all relevant forms and information must come a proof of relationship and proof of parental identity for both (2) parents or legal guardians of the minor applying.

Learn more about U.S. passports for minors here: CIBTvisas Child Passports

Passport Name Change
Passports must always reflect your current legal name.  If you have changed your name due to marriage or other life events, CIBTVisas can guide you through the process. 

For more information, visit: CIBTvisas Passport Name Change

Special Note About Visa Pages in U.S. Passports
As of January 1, 2016, the State Department will no longer add visa pages into U.S. passports; applicants in need of additional pages in their valid passports must obtain a new passport.

Visa Services
Relaxing Vacations is pleased to recommend services through CIBTVisas, a visa agency with over thirty years of service dedicated to making the process of obtaining your visa a smooth and simple one. CIBTVisas is the leading global provider of immigration and visa services for corporations and individuals with over 1,600 expert immigration and visa professionals, attorneys and qualified migration consultants located in over 60 offices in 27 countries. Click here to see if you need a visa for the region you are traveling to. 

Need a Visa?
Need a visa? At Relaxing Vacations we are making it easier for you to get the travel documents needed for your trip. Relaxing Vacations has partnered with CIBT Visa Service, and its subsidiary VisaCentral, the largest and most well established travel visa company in the world to assist you in obtaining your required documents for international travel.

It’s the fast and easy way to obtain a travel visa and Relaxing Vacations travelers receive significant discounts off CIBT service fees.